To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Point

This is from the 1950's and it's amazing to me how quickly nature takes the land back. I've walked the road to Brownstown many times past the old Haws Plant. Now it's full of trees and blackberry bushes.

Right near the old plant I once found a man laying across the road. He looked dead to me. So I kicked him - and got nothing and since he looked dead to me...I called 911. Told them "nuts" when they said I should do mouth to mouth. So I kicked him again, but this time a little bit harder. I guess I got his attention because he finally started moving around, looked up at me with this very surprised look on his face. As I was waiting for the ambulance and cops to come - the idiot told me that he had been drinking and fell down from the top of the hill by the Incline Plane.

I walk alot and this is just one of the many weird and strange things I run across.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh, you are so much braver than I am!