To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bucky's Roof - Morrellville

This is my Aunt Dorothy (Hanzel) Kinnel sitting on the roof of Bucky's Bar at the corner of Fairfield Avenue and D Street in Morrellville. Dorothy was one of my grandmother's sisters and one of the kindest people I ever knew - always a smile and a laugh...
This was taken in the late 1940's when my mother and her family lived in one of the upstairs apartments - that was always full of bugs - they'd turn the lights on and all the little creatures would go running for cover.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Any chance you related to Ed and Kitty Hanzel?

Lisa Cacicia said...

Yes - besides the fact that we were neighbors along with working with Kitty at the CWV - Lisa

Ron said...

Great! They were nice people.

Barbara said...


This was e-mailed to me from my cousin in Calif who also lived in the hotel and Bucky was our uncle.As it turns out Dorothy was my friend Linda's mother...Great!!