To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, January 23, 2012

Oakhurst Claypit - 1960's

The Oakhurst Claypits - the best place I ever played at! I posted this well over a year ago - but re-posted it today as per a conversation I have been having over at Jackson Township Historical Records on growing up in Oakhurst.
In the 1960's - my mother Gail (Patsy Lenz) Cacicia would pack up a picnic lunch for all of us and we'd all go over to play and climb all the walls. Basically me and my brother Bob would do all the climbing and running around - my sister Kelly (Cacicia) Edwards was still too small and all she did was cry when we were there anyway CLICK HERE to see a picture of the claypit in living color. Going there was a real treat - almost magical to me - daydreaming of all the adventures I used to think up while there. My head is still in the clouds and I still spend a great deal of time daydreaming...if you ask me there's nothing wrong with that.

No comments: