To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Old Monte Carlo Mural


Repost - Still working on finding a good home for these five sections of the old Monte Carlo Restaurant Mural.
These five pieces are very large - and if it all works out - the public will be able to enjoy them once again.
At one time - these were all together on the wall of the old restaurant.
 If you are at all interested - please let me know.
You can drop me a line at cacicia@hotmail.com.

5 comments:

Dawn R. Wesner Mardis said...

I used to live on Lincoln St and would walk over to Monte Carlo by going under the Motel that was next to my house. I went there 2-3 times a week to get one of their fabulous pizzas! They had the best pizza I ever put in my mouth! I moved to Myrtle Bch, SC in 1977 after the flood and have been dreaming about that pizza ever since. Does anyone know who was the chef there in the 60's-70's? Anyone have the recipe for that great crust? Thanks for any help you can give. Love this site!!!

Lisa Cacicia said...

Dawn - I've asked around to see if anyone knows who might have been the chef - Lisa

Len Yuhas said...

These murals were painted by my father-in-law. His name was Robert Lucas. He lived in Moxam. They were painted in the mid 60s. My wife thought these were lost during the flood. Does anyone know who saved them and where they have been stored all these years? My wife is very happy to see these again. She also believes there was one more. A mural of central park. Thanks. I love this site.

Anonymous said...

I sure would love to see a picture of the restaurant.

The owners were so nice to me. I was very sick all my life, and I would only eat certain foods and the spaghetti was one of the 3. They would take me back in the kitchen and make me a special take out order with lots of sauce. They were very kind people. All this was back in the 50's and early 60's. No place in the US, made spaggeite like theirs.
Jake

Anonymous said...

David Stevens - My Mother Anna Stevens was a cook at the Monte Carlo during the late 50's and 1960's when I was a young boy/teenager.