To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Johnstown Corp Pattern Makers - 1985

 
Johnstown Corp Pattern Maker Shop - former U.S. Steel - Moxham Plant.
First Row - Left Side - unknown, Ken Settle, Bill Gertz, Oscar Eschrich, Tim Grimme and my father Bob Cacicia.
Second Row - Left Side - unknown, R. Zubal, Steve Kopco, unknown, Charlie Clawson and G. Rosman.
Third Row - Left Side - Dan Kupchella, Paul Singer and Frank Carino

4 comments:

Ron said...

Interesting pic. Did your dad work at U.S. Steel when it was open? My dad worked there for 33 years and retired when it shut down. They could quite possibly know each other.

Lisa Cacicia said...

Ron - my father worked for US Steel for years before it was Johnstown Corp. I believe he started in the Pattern Shop around 1965 or so and worked the entire time in that department - Lisa

Ron said...

My dad started in 1951 and he worked in the lower shop running a lathe for 33 years.

Unknown said...

Lisa,

Was looking for a "pattern maker" logo to add to memorial service for my father and found your post. My dad was Bill Gertz, third one in first row, so I am sure he knew your father well. Unfortunately, he passed away June 2 at his home, 2020 Bedford Street, near Geistown. We are planning a "Coming Home" service for him on July 29 at Grandview. He was almost 87 (birthday July 5) and my mother passed away in 2016. As strong as he was, I believe he died of a broken heart missing my mother as he did.

My sister had an article in Pittsburgh paper in 2012 talking about pattern makers. If interested, you should be able to find it by searching Pattern Makers.

Thanks for the post,

Bruce