To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Updated - Johnstown Neighborhood


I think we have a winner when it comes to the location of this picture of one of my grandfather - Walter Lenz - friends. Carolyn Clark  says:

The sign on the store behind the girl reads: "Polish American Supply Co. Meat Market". I found this listing in a 1938 Johnstown telephone book: "Polish Meat & Grocery Co. 59 Main St. Conemaugh...Johnstown-6640.
Thank you Carolyn - now if I only knew the name of the girl...lol!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia Avenue?

Anonymous said...

Looks like Virginia Avenue to me...

Debra said...

The brick & uphill slant of the road made me think of Bond Street in Moxham. Wherever it was taken, I *love* it!

Carolyn Clark said...

The sign on the store behind the girl reads: "Polish American Supply Co. Meat Market". I found this listing in a 1938 Johnstown telephone book: "Polish Meat & Grocery Co. 59 Main St. Conemaugh...Johnstown-6640".

Anonymous said...

it looks like the sign behind the girls head might be atlantic and pacific store. maybe carolyn could look up their address in the 1938 phone book