To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Happy 54-th Anniversary - Evelyn and John Vitale


I'd like to take time out today - to wish Evelyn (Petak) and John Vitale - Happy Anniversary. They have been going strong for the past 54 years - and still look as good as this picture - no lie! But everyone in this section of the West End along the crick look years younger than they actually are - including me! They were married at St. Francis Church in Morrellville and I have known them for most of my life. They raised a great set of kids and are now enjoying all their grandkids and even some great-grandkids. Mr. and Mrs. Vitale - I know I am a better person for knowing you - once upon a time - folks looked out for each others children - and we still respect them as much as our own parents - and I have to add - feared all the parents of the neighborhood sometimes - because you knew - all it took was one phone call to your mother and you were busted! 

1 comment:

Fred V said...

Oh man, it is so true ... No one would even think of saying, "you're not my mother!" It wouldn't take long to find out that it didn't matter ... First you get punished for whatever mischief you were up to, then again for disrespecting a neighborhood mother ...