To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife

From the diary of Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Tuesday - January 21, 1947
Harry & Margaret come over and Harry took me in to Dr. Kahls. I have a sore toe it is infected I am to go back in to the Drs. on friday.
Clifford come along with Harry over and they brought the washer down. I bought for $45.00.

Then Margaret stayed here and she wanted to wash and Ida would not leave her wash and she got sore and went home before dinner.

1 comment:

Karen Largent said...

She may have purchased the first washer of that type on her street or her block, at least among her relatives and friends. How envious they must have been.

When I first go married I use a wringer washer for my husband's work clothes. It always worked great (it was very old) and got the clothes clean.