To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife

From the diary of Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Thursday - January 9, 1947
I washed and then done some other work. Dad has a terrible sore mouth. 
Leona and Nancy was here a while and brought us some ice cream. 
We got 2 tons of coal to day. It come to $12.00.

3 comments:

KarenLL said...

I would think that in those days $12.00 was a lot of money for them.
Her dad must be chronically ill.

Mariah said...

Leona is her daughter and Nancy is her grand daughter. Nancy was a great Aunt of mine. I am not sure how this diary came to be sold....

Mariah said...

Leona was her daughter and Nancy her granddaughter. Nancy is my great aunt. I am unsure how this diary came to be sold....