To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Neon Time



Wish this clip was longer and I wish it wasn't so much on the soft side -but other than that - a very rare look at some of the old neon signs that used to be everywhere. I grew up at the tail end of the fad - wish I could have seen more. Some of you might remember being able to see the big PT sign in Westwood from the Gee Bee parking lot in Richland - I always thought that was cool. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Laurel. I grew up going on road trips, and I remember that cities would always be filled with neon signs. The clip you made really brings me back to the good old days. I feel like neon signs have a way of welcoming adventure to young people, especially when the place they visit is new to them. Oh how I long for the day that neon signs would light cities up once again. Thanks for sharing that! :)

Roseline Ruark @ Crown Neon Signs