To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife


From the diary of Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Wednesday - July 2, 1947
I done some weading in the garden.
Then I baked some pies. Harry and Eddie was here for dinner. Harry got the spouting for the porch and is going to put it up tomorrow. 
He hung the clothes up for Margaret and when they dried he took them over home.
Eddie went with him over home. We are looking for B.J. to day.
She come 10 oclock to nite. Harry and Eddie brought her out and Margaret come over too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, the wonderful Mrs. Oldham.
I think a lot of us who have been reading along would be delighted, just once, to see an entry that reads something like this:
"Today became a sunny, breezy and most comfortable summer day so I decided that nothing needed cleaned, fixed, washed, picked, baked or stitched. I took my rocker out to the front porch and just sat and enjoyed the sunshine and the clear cool mountain air. I read some of my favorite poetry books and then dozed off for a wonderful afternoon nap. It ended up being a day I enjoyed so much."