To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife


From the diary of Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Sunday - September 21, 1947
Ida and I stayed home from church.
Betty J. went to sunday school. Then come home and Bill & Harriett come along and was here for dinner.
Then Leona called and said they was going up to Beaverdale to Eva Fitzgivens. They took me along and we got some plums. My but they were full. I got about half a bu. I was so glad to see Eva. And I had a nice time. And I injoyed the ride. Nancy, Leona and Joe. Ida went back over to Bessies. Betty J. is working this evening.

No comments: