To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, December 7, 2015

West End Christmas Parade and Light-Up

Time for the annual West End Improvement Group Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting at Bheam School Playground.
The hot chocolate ladies Rose, Dorothy and Marie.


Included Lower Yoder Fire Department, Armory on St, Clair Road, Johnstown Middle School Band, West End Ambulance, Cernic's Towing, West End Styles Float with John Vitale, (sorry, I couldn't read the sign belonging to the young group right before McCort). Bishop McCort Marching Band and finally Santa riding into the West End with the Johnstown Fire Department.
Santa visiting all the kids. What you couldn't tell on the video was - that as soon as he rounded Fairfield Avenue - the kids started yelling....it was cute!
Members of Johnstown Middle School Band standing behind Santa.
Members of McCort Marching Band

Santa helps light up this years beautiful tree - donated as usual by Rich Pletcher - who owns West End Auto - right next store to the playground.
The tree is larger than this picture shows.

Here is my main helper - my nephew - teaching him how to tell stories with pictures with my old camera.
For you out of town readers, I'd like to introduce to Box Boy. This young man spreads joy wherever he goes - walking the street of Johnstown. I know he brings a smile to my face when I see him. 
I have to say that I admire this young man - out and about - spreading happiness in a world that sorely needs it! You know if you run across him - please feel free to beep your car horn to say hello.
Finally Santa and the West End Improvement elves Marie, Yush and Rose - all doing their part to make the West End a better place to live each and everyday.

No comments: