To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Friday, February 17, 2017

Grand Program for Grandparents


Mr. and Mrs. George Wise, 924 Bedford Street, beam with pride as they listened last night to their grandson, 17 year old George Pheasant, playing "When Yuba Played the Rumba on a Tuba" over an NBC hookup. Young Pheasant is the Dale High School senior who won himself a berth with the Horace Heidt Musical Knights. He played before an audience of 14,000 last night in Cleveland Arena. Heidt said the youth is on "of the greatest finds in all my travels through America". The famous orchestra leader predicted a bright future for the local youth. 
Note: I have almost this exact Zenith radio. Up until I moved - it sat in my living room. Wish I had the room for it now.

No comments: