To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, November 7, 2019

1889 Flood Survivors Project - Mrs. Elizabeth Harris

 ----------------------------
Clipping: Mrs. Elizabeth Harris, age 77. I think she is saying she currently lives at 4183 W. 220 St., Cleveland, and New Florence at the time of the Flood. The phone number is 235-8301.

The letter reads:
New Florence, Pa
Feb. 3, 1964
Gentlemen:
I am Mrs. Harris' sister, Mrs. F. R. Clawson of New Florence, Pa.
My mother and two daughters were in downtown Johnstown visiting over Memorial Day in 1889.
A baby was born the night of the flood in the same house. I understand he lives in town now. He is Moses Flood Williams.
My sister knows of a man who lost his entire family. He lives in Cleveland, O. I have asked her to send me his name.
Yours truly,
Mrs. F. R. Clawson

Courtesy of Debra Orner - Jayceesfloodsurvivors

No comments: