To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, May 20, 2013

Rescued Babe from Fire - Morrellville - 1907


Every old house has a story to tell. If only you can figure it out. I ran across this clipping from The Johnstown Leader by accident. I was just scanning anything interesting I could find and this is one of them.  This happened August 9, 1907 - at 1139 Virginia Avenue - Morrellville at the home of Rollo Herdman. The house next door - owned by James McCloskey also suffered damage.
This 1139 Virginia Avenue now - and as you can tell - this home was rebuilt soon after the blaze. 

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

When I saw this photo on Facebook I knew it had to be on Virginia Ave. I used to live down the street at 1313 Va Ave. Some nice, big, old Victorian homes on that street.

JoAnn