To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

West End Parade and Light Up - 2012


 It was just a simply beautiful night for a whole neighborhood to get together and welcome in the Christmas Season thru the streets of the West End. Also, a word of thanks for my sister stepping in shoot the parade for me - I was running a bit late.
-------------------------------
Our Town - the community newspaper
The West End Styles Float
National Guard from St. Clair Road
West End Ambulance Float
McCort Band
It's Santa!
A very nice crowd at the playground. In fact, I think more folks showed up this year than ever before.
-------------------------------
This picture just doesn't do justice to the amount of people that were there....it was packed.
The bands took turns playing christmas carols. I just love hearing a good marching band and I have to say both Johnstown High and McCort are very good!
Santa's Workshop
Santa working the crowd
Here we have the hot chocolate gang
The Johnstown Tomahawk mascot
I included this shot of the mascot - because it just makes me laugh with his tail feathers just hanging there....
RJ with Santa - thinking very hard about what he wants this year....
Nancy doing her best to convince Santa that what she really needs this year is a new car....
Two of Santa's helpers - Rose Howarth and Marie Mock from the West End Improvement Group who put on the parade and tree lighting. This annual event keeps growing with more being added each year....they did a great job this year!
We finish up with this years Christmas tree and all the beautiful lights....
 
 

3 comments:

Debra said...

That's wonderful that it was so well attended--seems like a great event!

Brian said...

God bless all of you that work so hard in the West End. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Len said...

In my 27yrs of growing up and living in Johnstown, till I left in '77, I had never ever seen a parade on Fairfield Ave in Morrellville. I mean, how cool is that? What a wonderful event.