To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's got to be Gee Bee!


Reader Amanda (Litzinger) Powell sent in this old Gee Bee bag she says: "The Gee Bee bag was found recently when my parents were cleaning in their attic. We "oohed" and "awed" over it and couldn't believe how perfect it still looked."
At one time it seems if you didn't work in the mill - you ended up working for Glossers - whether it was the main store in town, Gee Bee Jr in Westmont, Gee Bee in Richland including the store, home center or automotive or even the route I took - working for Data Consultants owned by Glossers. I was lucky or unlucky depending upon how you look at it - to take part in the time of plentiful jobs - I hit it at the tail end. In this day and age - no job seems secure and you can be out the door on a whim - especially if they can get someone cheaper to do it.
And in one of those cases of what a small world it is - Amanda's grandfather grew up in my house - and her family have been enjoying my K Street pictures.


 

No comments: