To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, February 15, 2014

From the Negative to the Positive

A while back Rose Howarth dropped off a whole bag of rolled up negatives to me - figuring there might be some stuff on them that I could use.  99% of them are of an unknown family - so I picked out the ones that interested me the most - like this proud young man posing with his deer. I included this because of the houses in the background. 
There are a few duck pin bowlers in the bunch. This reminds me of the alley underneath the Knights of Columbus.
-----------------------------------------------
Someone was in the Garfield Marching Band.
On Broad Street just past Delaware Avenue.
That's the Ten Acre Bridge behind them.
Then on to the Point Stadium.
They were Jewish. I don't know which Temple this is.
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
It's back to the Point again.
--------------------------------------------
Someone must of liked honey enough to be a beekeeper.
And we finish up with this shot of Downtown Johnstown looking up towards Frankstown Road. Funny what a camera angle can do - that guy walking across the street looks like he has only one leg. 

No comments: