To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23, 1947: Diary of a Johnstown Housewife

From the diary of a Mrs. Elizabeth Oldham of Moxham
Wednesday, April 23
Leona & I was in town. I was in and got my glasses adjusted then we went down to the (H??-stone) and ordered dad a marker. They will have it up before decoration day (Memorial Day). I ironed this evening. 
Then I went down to Johnsons Beauty Parlor and got a permanent wave. Then come home and worked in the yard some and the ironed. 
Clifford was here and brought us some dandelion.
Betty & Sally was with him. Billy & Harriet was here this evening.
Billy on his bike - courtesy of Win Macintosh.

No comments: