To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Shopping


On this Black Friday - thought I'd post this very nice look at some of the stores that used to line Main Street - F.W. Woolworths, Berg's, McCrory's and Kresge's. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
Best I could do - cropping the shot to see what is in the windows...
 Kresge sign that is still there - though a bit faded by time. 

2 comments:

Debra said...

I always think what downtown would be if people *always* thought of small businesses first. I appreciate the effort of Small Business Saturday--I just wish it was every day.

Anonymous said...

I love the gold lettered upstairs windows , "Dr. Fleck Dentistry" and another I can't quite make out. Any idea what the writing in the center of the street says?