To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Main Street - Downtown Johnstown


Today a look at a few more of the gems that used to line Main Street. Liggetts Drug Store, W.T. Grant Co. - on the second floor: Dr. Rhodes & Son (Dentists), Morrell Beauty School - above Grants is a dance studio that I can't quite read the name of.
 This is about as close as I can get it - but still not good enough for me - because I wanted to see what was in all the windows.

2 comments:

Carolyn Clark said...

I love the beautiful architecture of the building that housed Liggett's Drug Store. Where on Main St. was it, and what is there now? Was the building torn down?

Lisa Cacicia said...

I believe it was located more towards the Walnut Avenue intersection area. I think I have another that shows a wider shot of the area - I'll have to dig it out - Lisa