To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sled Riding Saturday

 
Spent just a beautiful Saturday afternoon up at the Tremont Club Shooting Range. It's off of Son's of Italy Road. The club put together a wonderful afternoon of sledding fun and hot chocolate for the kids.
In the beginning - the kids had to hoof it up to the top - they all just cracked me up - you'd of thought they had to walk to the moon and back....
What you can't tell here is that Sidona was screaming the whole way down.
They just don't build sleds like they used to - RJ cracked this one.
But they used to build quality right here in the USA at one time. Blowing decades of dust off of my old sled - we brought this vintage beauty along that my brother-in-law fixed up for today. It had a loose piece underneath. I treasure this because I can count on one hand the amount of things I still have from my childhood. The flood took care of a lot of stuff I would have saved.
Walking it up from the bottom. Though it's hard to tell from this shot - there is around a foot of the white stuff...
A short time later - much to shouts of joy - the four-wheeled sky lift arrived.
---------------------------
Like I said - RJ - not exactly thrilled with my sled. He thinks you sit down and instantly away you go down the hill - flying at the speed of light. I could not get him to understand how you ride this....he was too busy being mad.
Here we have the peanut gallery - with all the little mothers looking on....wishing they were all somewhere else....like Florida maybe.
Here we have Misti (I would rather be riding my scooter) showing the kids a thing or two.
Little Emmett having his own kind of fun - licking the snow off his mittens.
Here matt is having a go at the mountain.
RJ enjoying the trip down after switching sleds.
I think the kids had just as much fun on the many rides to the top.
Sidona having a ball....
Heading back to warm up and get a little snack.
The club had hot chocolate for kids along with hot dogs...chips and kolbassi. All in all - the Tremont Club put together a perfect way to spend a sunny and bright winter afternoon.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

This looks like so much fun!! I'll bet you and your family made some wonderful memories. So tell us...how did your sled work? Did the kids get it?

Lisa Cacicia said...

Why yes they did!