To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grapevine Time - Morrellville

This is the way I grew up spending summer in Morrellville. We are porch and grapevine people. I now have a pavilion in my yard - so I have to add that to. During these hot these months, I am hardly ever in the house. I grew up this way. Playing and staying outside until dark. And if it got too hot - there was always the crick to cool off in.
In this picture: Mary Jane (Mimi Cacicia) Adams, Lucy (Cacicia) Wiley, the three women in the middle - I don't know. It's then my grandmother Carmela (Vaccaro) Cacicia and my father Robert.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

My Mother's family lived in Morrellville. Mom was always so proud to have been from Morrellville and a Garfield student. She later graduated from JHS Class of 43. She was a trained soprano and accomplished pianist and did most of the accompaniment at JHS. Her name was Sue Vickroy, her parents were David and Mary Vickroy. She had 2 older sisters, Ethel and Rhoda. They lived in several homes in M-ville, but I know at one point they lived on Spring St.
Harriet Redick Mayes, Lakeland, FL

Harriet said...

PS. They also lived on Barron Ave. Thanks for posting these great pictures of Morrellville. I love imagining my Mom "just around the corner" from your family.