To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

1889 Flood Survivors Project - Mabel Kennedy Wright

 -------------------------
 ----------------------------
Mabel Kennedy Wright, age 87
8 Sunset Drive
Fairmont, W. Va.
Phone 366-2498
(At the time of the Flood) My home was on present site of electric co. building, Vine St.
201 S. 20th St.
Richmond, Indiana
Jan. 25 - 64
Jaycees, - Committee, - Survivors,
I have just received the enclosed coupon, am returning it with additional information, which I hope will not be confusing.
I was Mabel Kennedy, my father Henry D., was drowned in the Flood of 1889, my mother and five children survived, I am the only one now living.
I was married to Edwin (?) S. Wright, Bethlehem Steel Co. - - he died in 1931, at our home 236 Fayette St. Westmont.
I left Johnstown, as a resident, in 1945, residing since with my daughter, Helen Wright Schmidt, 8 Sunset Drive, Fairmont, W. Va. I am now with our other daughter, Mary Wright Tarr, and will be in Richmond until Feb. 15th.
I am most interested in the coming celebration, and will be pleased to receive any information about it.
Incidentally, the enclosed picture I clipped from local paper, it may be of interest to you.
Wishing you success.
Sincerely,
Mabel K. Wright

Courtesy of Debra Orner - #Jayceesfloodsurvivors

No comments: