To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, November 25, 2019

1889 Flood Survivors Project - Mrs. Augusta Knorr

 ----------------------------
Mrs. Augusta Knorr, age 79
220 Durrance St
Punta Gorda, Fla.
Phone--??9-1903
"Punta Gorda, Fla.
Feb. 17, 1964
Dear Sir
My son Karl Jessel sent me a form to fill out.
I am a survivor of the Johnstown Flood. I am a daughter of Jacob Knorr and Mary Bosart Knorr.
We lived on Jackson St. back of the Turner Hall. At the time of the Flood it was the Viering Furniture store.
My mother and two sisters were drowned, Bertha and Emma Knorr.
If my health permits I expect to fly up. I will be eighty years on 7th April. That makes me five years old at the time of the Flood.
Yours truly,
Augusta Jessel
220 Durrance St
Johnstown, Pa. 333 950

Courtesy of Debra Orner - #Jayceesfloodsurvivors.

No comments: