To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Thursday, November 21, 2019

1889 Flood Survivors Project - Mrs. Sylvanus Custer

 ---------------------------
A Stone Bridge survivor. ❤️
Johnstown Pa
Feb 13, 1964
The Jaycees
219 Franklin Street
Johnstown, Pa.
Dear Sirs:
I am sending this information for my mother, Mrs. Sylvanus Custer. Her present address is. 802 Palm St, Lantana. Fla. She is survivor of the 1889 Flood. She was living in the Rr of what is now Joseph Johns High School. She is 89 years of age, and in good health. She spent the night on the roof of her home, along with her family, before the house moved off the foundation into the mass at the stone bridge.
I am leaving for Florida in a week or so, and expect to bring her back North, about the last of April. If her health is good I know she will want to be included in the celebration of the 75th Anniversary.
I will call, when we return. I am entering her name in the 1889 Flood Survivors. My name is Mrs. William G. Horn, 1108 McKinley Ave., Johnstown, Pa. Phone 536-2155.
Yours for a successful celebration.
Mrs. William G. Horn

Courtesy of Debra Orner#Jayceesfloodsurvivors

No comments: