To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

1889 Flood Survivors Project

The letter is not signed and she doesn't give her name, only her sister's, but I love how she gives her address - - third house from the Post Office.

Sidman, Pa. Nov. 15, 1963

Dear Sir,

I read the write up in the paper, and want to say I am a survivor of the Johnstown flood of 1889. I was born in Johnstown July 8, 1879.

We was living on Beach Street in Woodvale the time of the flood. Father, Mother and us four girls of which I and a sister Mrs. Martha Weil are the only two living. My address is Sidman Pa Box 32 third house from Post Office. My sister's address is

Mrs. Martha Weil
2820 2nd St. N.W.
Canton 8 Ohio

Courtesy of Debra Orner - #Jayceesfloodsurvivors

No comments: