To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Iron Street - 1915 - Minersville

A family photo taken from the Stofko home on Iron Street. You can just barely see part of the Ten Acre Bridge in the background. That is Joseph Stofko (my g-grandmother's brother) holding Joseph Hanzel (his nephew and my mother's Uncle) in his Baptism Outfit. Their old house is still there in Minerville. You can see it directly across from the Giant Eagle parking lot. I'd love to go in it, just to see what it looks like inside, but fear asking the people who live there now, because they might think me a nutcase. I feel the same way about the old Lenz house on Virginia Avenue.

No comments: