To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

West End Boys Serving in the War

Summer Repeat - An April 21, 1942 clipping of some of the West End (Morrellville) boys serving in World War II. From left to right: Pvt. Albert Kasterko (KIA), Pvt. John Chanda, Pvt. Charles Tkacik and Pfc. Edward Sukenik, In the front seat: Joseph Kuby, Pvt. Steve Tabaka and Jim Venet. They were all part of the parade last seen HERE.  In regards to Pvt. Kasterko - I have his obituary somewhere when he was killed in action. The Kasterko family were great friends of my grandparents - Helen (Hanzel) and Walter Lenz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Chanda was my father. Thank you for posting this, I never saw this picture of him.

Jo said...

Albert Kasterko was my father's uncle.
Brother to Elizabeth, my grandmother.