To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, August 27, 2012

Cambria City Boys - Sandlot Ball - 1912



Summer Repeat - This group of unknown boys from Cambria City around 1912 may have been dirt poor, but you have to admire the determination on their faces and the smiles all around. Immigrant children had no choice but to work. Families needed help to survive. Most young boys worked either in the mill or coal mines.
When I look at pictures like this, I wonder if I ever had the chance to know any of these boys when they grew up and I was younger.

3 comments:

Joe said...

This is an amazing photo for it's time.

AL said...

Indeed, Joe. Also, have you ever noticed the high school yearbooks from the 40s thru the early 70s? So much better quality. They're so grainy now.

Anonymous said...

I love the kid in the center of the back row with the glove!