To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Friday, February 15, 2013

Braunschweiger Coming Up!

 
Braunschweiger, fresh from the processing machine is what you see here. It is among a variety of processed meats produced at the Edward Hahn Packing Company. Making "mit der" braunschwieger are these Hahn employes (clockwise): Ivy Lockett, Robert Cook, Karl Niklas and Mary Ann Rotella. The local packing firm has 62 persons on its payroll.
Note: I can say that I personally have never had the pork liver sausage. I know my mother never bought it - but my grandmother used to buy it at Thorofare though and she enjoyed it - it just never appealed that much to me.

1 comment:

AL said...

It's great on white bread with ketchup.