To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Flood Mud

 My nephew RJ is now into collecting proper trains - not the plastic stuff from toy stores...so this afternoon my brother Bob brought over a whole box of old HO stuff that he found in my parents basement while we were cleaning out my house. RJ is also into the O gauge stuff.
As you can see they are clearly caked with decades of old mud - which meant one thing to us - 1977.
While trying to soak some the antique cars - my sister found this chunk - hard as a diamond. Some of the cars also have tiny little pebbles and dirt...and the clincher - it smells just like flood mud!
 Funny how sometimes the memory of the flood can come back to you out of the blue in the oddest ways.
 

No comments: