To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Signs of the Time

 
What draws my eyes into this shot are the billboards on the hillside for Duquesne Beer and Amoco Gas - wish they still did stuff like that. My eyes are also drawn to all the movie and store signs - I just love looking at them. What a great slice of history - showing Main Street from Lee Hospital on down. 

2 comments:

Ron said...

I would give anything to go back in time and experience this. I do vaguely remember the signs up on Frankstown Road.

Anonymous said...

A coworker and I were stumped on an older streetcar photo of this same angle; the Duquesne sign was quite blurry and we couldn't make it out clearly. No question now.

Thank you, great photo!