To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, August 9, 2026

The Letters - May 15, 1915 - To Mrs. Anna M. Hay from Clara R. Austin

-------------------------------------
-----------------------------
---------------------------
-----------------------
--------------------------------

                                                                    Oak Lane, July 15.1915
Dear Mrs. Hay,

We are anxious to see you and visit with you all, and hope all of you can come to Oak Lane on Sunday the 26th to dinner. I have asked Mrs. Fisher and Charlie; and hope your son and wife, with John, Alice and George will come with you. I am sure they will accept the invitation through you without my writing also to them.

I know their place is so cool and comfortable that it will be somewhat of a trial to leave it if the weather is warm as it is today; but we have not seen any of you for so long. I do hope we may have the pleasure of seeing you all then. We will have dinner about half past one. I must not forget to give you the mileage book, and will not mail it to you, so I hope surely to see you and to have a good visit together.

I am sorry I have no time cards to enclose, but trains leave the terminal for Oak Lane at 10.55 and 12.17—in case you prefer coming by train. Hoping to see you all on the 25th, and with kindest regards to all, I am

Lovingly, your friend,

Clara R. Austin






 

No comments: