To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, June 18, 2012

HUB Furniture Store

Nice look at building signage. Hub Furniture Store - Complete Home Furnishing - Cash or Credit. Hub was located on Bedford Street right behind Swanks - which you can barely see on the left hand side. Also in the picture - N. B. Swanks Machinery, Joy Hardware, a barber shop and a drug store. The Hub Store (not seen on the picture) is directly across the street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember The Hub when it was on Franklin Street direct across from the current location of the Crown Building at the corner of Vine. The picture looks to be an advertisment on a billboard but I may be wrong. It is a wonderful picture.

Minor Leaguer said...

I remember The Hub being one of my mother's favorite stores back in the mid-'50s. At that time, if I remember correctly, it was at the corner of Vine and Franklin Sts. I was only 4 or 5 at that time.

Ron said...

I guess Swank Machinery is now the soup kitchen.