To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wanted - Buzz Wagner Items


On Sunday  October 23, 2011 - the B.D. "Buzz Wagner" Chapter 221 of the Air Force Association in Johnstown will be opening up a new exhibit on the First Ace of World War II at the Heritage Discovery Center on Broad Street at 4pm - Boyd Gilbert (Wagner's nephew) will be there.
I will be down there also - donating all my Wagner items - if you know anyone that has anything - please feel free to either contact the Association or you can even drop me a line and I will make sure that they get the items. No item is too small - I have 15 pages of old newspaper clippings and some Life Magazines I am dropping off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that Mr Wagner was from Nanty Glo and not Johnstown. Does any know?

Lisa Cacicia said...

He was born in Emeigh, grew up in Nanty Glo where he went to high school - his family then moved to Johnstown. So really all three places can call him their native son - Lisa