To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cambria City Ethnic Fest - 2012


Heading down to the Cambria City Ethnic Fest. As we were walking down, RJ says to me "my hair is hot, we need to stop!". I of course said - "get the heck out of here" and he said "feel your hair, I bet it's hot too!"
The usual - bird feeding time along the river at St. Mary's.
River is running low and at times a bit on the stinky side.
Minersville Bridge still not done and it looks like it's painted that awful Bethlehem green color...you know - it was the color of an awful lot of houses around town at one time. Somehow the guys were able to fit gallons of paint in their lunch buckets.
Discovering the world of Chergi - fried dough - one of my favorites.
Down Resurrection - old St. Stephen's.
VOMA
A bit of video I shot at the newly reopened Immaculate Conception church which is going to be used as a type of concert hall.
This picture is kind of on the hot side. I am still learning how to use my new camera.
RJ still doesn't understand the logic of walking up and down the streets to see what's going on and who you might run into.
Upper end in front of the Band Hall with the Slovak Lutheran Church on the right.
Back down to St. Mary's....
Along the other side of the street
 And I'll wrap up this look at the Festival with a little Jerry Intihar to play us out....
 



5 comments:

Ron said...

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them. Lots of memories in Cambria City. Did you go to the Band Hall to sign up?

Lisa Cacicia said...

Ron - you crack me up! To this day - and this is something you will understand - when I see some of the old ballbusting bar customers...I can now completely ignore them - even though the mere sight of them still pisses me off for just a brief moment.

Ron said...

I had 10 ballbusters in the band Hall and 3 of them knew how to get under my skin. One of them got pissed off because someone bought a drink for him 1 day and he bitched at me for giving him a chip without asking, so I took the chip away and the look on his face was priceless. I didn't take his crap. I have to PM you and compare customers.

I'm sure you had the same ones.

AL said...

I've commented on this in the past but I"ll say it again. Regarding the "Bethlehem Green" thing...I never really understood why it was such a common thing to steal from your place of employment back then. I swear, almost everyone I knew had a stash of those green pencils or green paint. I recently sold an old boat I bought from my Bethlehem Steel retired neighbor years ago that is still covered with that ugly green paint. I wouldn't be surprised if this was partially responsible for the company's demise. I could be wrong though. Maybe the company gave that stuff away when it had a surplus or something....ya, that's it.

Unknown said...

Are there any Emmerling family members from the Emmerling Brewery Co. still living in Johnston?