To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, March 21, 2011

Johnstown High


This picture postcard sent in by reader Kathy P. You don't really see too many shots of old Johnstown High from this angle. This really shows the beauty of the JHS.
Seeing the school patrol guard on this picture - how many of you remember being a patrol? I was one at Bheam and to me - it was such a status symbol - from the white belt and shiny silver badge to the flag pole that gave you the power to stop traffic when you felt like it. It was a kids power rush! I still have my old white belt - which I would scrub to keep clean along with my silver badge and a small lapel size badge. 

2 comments:

Robin said...

I loved that building....my grandfather was principal there when I was little.

Unknown said...

Kathy my father Ben DeLello was in charge of the safety patrol back then. did you ever go on the bus trips to Wash. D.C. with him.