To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Monday, March 21, 2011

Old Kernville Cafe

I have a backlog of reader pictures sent in to me and had to wait until my portable hard drive arrived. It's here now - so for today: This picture postcard of the old Kernville Cafe was sent in by reader Rick M.
What do 'yinz' say - we all meet up tonight at 617 Franklin Street - the drinks are on me!
Being a former bartender - I have to say what a beautiful set up. In a way it sort of reminds me of Slovak Band Hall in Cambria City - which was one of the former clubs I used to work at. 

2 comments:

Scott Cover said...

WOW, My family owned this place from 1973 to 1987 when it burnt down. Also survived the 1977 flood. Thanks for posting this. I ahve so many more pictures of this place It was actually much larger than what this pic shows and had apartments upstairs where my Gram lived for years.

Anonymous said...

Did this place once have another name....maybe "Brownies"...trying to picture where it was.....There was another place right up the street called Raymonds bar and Grill which became the Jolly Fiddler I believe.

Phil