To join our Facebook Page :CLICK HERE

To read the Johnstown Tribune - World War II Collection: CLICK HERE

 To read thru our old Johnstown Newspaper Collection - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Take me to Dreamland - 1915

This is one of my Top Ten Favorites. This is Dreamland Theatre in Cresson, Cambria County. The sign in the back with the Primo Six Auto contest says that the date of the deadline is September 15, 1915. The movie posters in the back are hawking films from the Lubin Brothers - one of the major East Coast Studios. They were located in the Philly area, near enough to the center of East Coast operations at Fort Lee, New Jersey. And all the wonderful film makers located there. This is shortly before the film companies fled the East and Edison for sunny California. This is a place that I would have felt completely at home. Someday I will bore all you readers with my love of film history. But I will spare you that torture today.
There is so much to look at one this picture - from the Movie House owned by S.S. Osborn to the Quick Lunch. A pure feast for the eyes!

No comments: